King Abdulaziz University allows male and female students an opportunity to join the different university faculties and obtain the bachelor degree through the regular system according to the study levels. Furthermore admission into university is according to the vacant seats, student's percentages in the secondary stage or the weighed percentage of students; due to the fact that King Abdulaziz University aspires to graduate qualified national cadres able to mainly contribute in pushing the progress and development wheel.
- Holding the Saudi nationality, son of a Saudi mother or a mother of a Saudi son .
- Holding the general certificate of secondary education or an equivalent certificate either from inside or outside kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- The student should obtain approval of his reference to study in case the student works for a public or a private entity
- Male students only should obtain the aptitude test "ضodrat" score of the current year or the previous one. beside desiring to join the science track only should obtain the achievement test "Tahsely".
- Female students only should obtain the admission test degree of this year or the previous one.
- The university won't accept any general certificate of secondary education issued more than 3 years ago.
- National Center for Assessment in Higher Education validity period of academic achievement test is five years from the date of the test
- The student shouldn't be academically dismissed from the university or from any other university. Consequently in case of establishing the student was previously dismissed after being admitted to the university, the student's admission becomes null and void.
- The university won't admit any student who has drawn his/ her file from the university or from any other educational entity, unless three month period or so elapses after withdrawal before the academic year start
- Uploaded Docs and certificates must be correct and original
- Blind students are excused from National Center for Assessment in Higher Education tests
The documents which shall be uploaded when submitting the e- application
- A copy of the general certificate of secondary education form (script statement) stamped and endorsed by Ministry of education in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- A copy of the student's I.D. card
- Modern and color photos (size = 4*6).
- The approval letter of work entity
- Non Saudi Students or students of non – Saudi mothers shall upload copies of certificate of birth + mothers' I.D. cards, residency permit.
Preparatory year track – regular and parallel (male Students) Jeddah Main Campus (Sulaymaniyah)
Natural Sciences track:
Faculties of the main campus(Sulaymaniyah): medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, applied medical sciences, engineering, computing and information technology, sciences, marine sciences, maritime studies (Ubhr), earth sciences, Meteorology, Environment and Arid Land Agriculture, Economics and Administration – specialties of (business administration – economy – accounting – administrative information systems – hospital management –finance – marketing – human resources management).
Administrative Sciences and Humanities track:
Faculties of the main campus (Sulaymaniyah): Arts and humanities, some Economics and Administration specialties (public administration– systems - policy).
Faculties of Al Faisaliah Branch:
Faculty of education (theoretical departments)
Preparatory year track – regular and parallel (female Students)
Natural Sciences track
Faculties of the main campus (Sulaymaniyah):
medicine, dentistry, applied medical sciences, pharmacy, nursing , engineering(computer specialty), computing and information technology, Economics and Administration – specialties of (business administration – economy – accounting – administrative information systems – hospital management –finance – marketing – human resources management) and Home Economics (food and nutrition – clothing & textile – internal design).
Faculties of Al Faisaliah Branch:
Computing and information technology, Sciences
Faculties of Al Rehab Branch:
Designs and Arts for Girls – Fashion Designing
Faculties of the Rabigh Governorate Branch:
Computing and information technology
Administrative Sciences and Humanities track
Faculties of the main campus (Sulaymaniyah):
Arts and humanities, some Economics and Administration specialties (public administration– systems), home economics (specialties of childhood studies, housing and institutions – educational – Islamic arts)
Faculties of Al Faisaliah Branch:
Faculty of siences (theoretical departments)
The study system
1- The student shall study two subsequent levels (during two semesters); so as to complete the Preparatory year subjects.
2- Deletion and addition processes shall not be permitted and the time table shall be fixed during the study period during the Preparatory year.
3- The registration shall be carried out automatically by the admission and registration deanship according to the study plan of the Preparatory year.
KING ABDULAZIZ UNIVERSITY allows male and female students opportunity of transferring thereto through the regular transfer system which is without payment of any costs for all university's faculties or through the external study and distance learning systems for payment of nominal costs amounting to 3000 Saudi Riyals for each semester, putting into consideration that transfer to the external study system is always permissible for only first semester of the first academic year according to the transfer requirements.
KING ABDULAZIZ UNIVERSITY allows opportunity of transferring to its universities through the regular system or external study system or distant learning system only for the first semester of each year.
First: The Terms of the transfer:
- Holding the Saudi nationality or of a Saudi mother or a Mother for Saudi son
- Transfer shall be from academically approved state universities by the higher education ministry.
- Student shall not be dismissed from his/ her university for any reason. Consequently in case of establishing to the contrary, his/ her transfer shall become null and void.
- Student shall not have the right to transfer one more time in case of accepting his/ her transfer.
- Student shall fulfill the faculty's requirements to which he/ she desires to transfer.
- Student shall be required to study in KING ABDULAZIZ UNIVERSITY more than half of the graduation requirements (50% or more).
- Any subject whose rate is less than C or in-equivalent in terms of credit hours or contents, shall not be calculated.
- Student shall complete with success at least two semesters
- The at least number of hours success is 24 credit hours.
- Student's GPA shall not be less than 3 out of 5 or 2 out of 4, and if students' GPA is calculated based upon the year system, student's GPA shall not be less than 75%.
- The period of study Preparatory Year two consecutive semesters and the student is given only the third major study.
- On the transfeered student must succeed in all the preparatory year materials and first in three consecutive semesters only and the rate of accrual at least 2 out of 5.
- It will be folded restriction student who does not achieve the standards and conditions of the preparatory year.
- Be a full-time study in the case of regularity bring the employer approval in case of being an employee.
It will be transferred all applicants a trade-off between them to the preparatory year program and will not transfer directly to the college with the possibility to offset any material check the terms of the equation.
Second: Sort transferred students will be one of the three as follows:
- It has been accepted as a student adapter to the preparatory year and this means that students study the preparatory year and lives in any college under the terms of analgesia and therefore determine their wishes through a program + odus in the period determined by the university and the private preparatory year, and do not necessarily live in the same former specialization.
- It has been accepted as a student to college adapter provided materials to pass the preparatory year and this means that the student will turn to college preparatory year if the materials ended successfully in the given period - three seasons - and at least the rate for 2 out of 5.
- Been accepted as a student Newcomer adapter This means that the student does not have the right to offset any material studied by and subject to all the terms of the preparatory year and their standards since it achieved the requirements for admission did not achieve the conversion conditions.
- Applied to the candidate for conversion terms of specialization within the college, according to the allocation criteria in Section within the college, but shall not be required to convert the university student to the same specialty, but if achieved specialization standards.
Third: obtaining a diploma after secondary:
For students who graduated on a document (diploma) post-secondary education will be treated as transfer students in everything they required the following:
- Diploma shall be after the secondary stage
- Be equivalent diploma recognized academically by the Ministry of Education.
- Diploma period shall not be less than three years.
- GPA shall not be less than 4.5 out of 5 or 3.5 out of 4 or 95% and more.
- The graduation period shall not be less than 3 years.
- Is not equivalent materials specialist for the student.
- Student should finishs all the preparatory year cources in order to enrollen in any faculty.
- work approval should be submitt prove admission.
Fourth: Mechanism of the transferred students to KING ABDULAZIZ UNIVERSITY
- Student is required to have an e-mail as well as a mobile number; for registration and communication.
- Program shall forward to the applicant the user name as well as the account number on his/ her own e-mail or mobile.
- Student shall enter all required data on the university's website.
- Student shall upload the application form via Scanner on the university's website in addition to the following documents:
- A photocopy of the general certificate of secondary education.
- A signed and stamped photocopy of graduation document for the diploma holders.
- A signed and stamped photocopy of Transcript (the academic register) from the student's university and not the academic plan containing the credit hours studied by the student till now.
- In case that the student postponed study in last semester the student shall upload a document proof that.
- A magnified photocopy of I.D. card.
- If student is a non – Saudi student of a Saudi mother, he/ she shall bring a photocopy of birth certificate +mother's I.D. card +student's I.D. card.
- Personal Photo.
In case that the uploaded documents by scanner are illegible or unavailable, the student shall be notified about through the following up page and given another opportunity for modification.
The competent official shall review your documents, ascertain of their validity & legibility and finally approve thereof. The result shall appear in the following up page.
In case of eligibility, you shall print a reference form of a transferred student.
Student shall contact the university in the prescribed date and location accompanying therewith the required documents in the reference form.
On contacting, student shall bring therewith all originals of the electronically attached documents for conformance and approval of the student's transfer.
Postponement of a Semester
1- Student should submit the postponement of a semester application to the educational affairs department at his/ her faculty before end of the semester which comes before postponement semester; for approval of the faculty's council.
2- Student will have the right to withdraw from two subsequent semesters or three separate semesters during his/ her tenure at KING ABDULAZIZ UNIVERSITY.
3- Student's GPA shouldn't be less than 2 out of 5.
4- Checking postponement application execution via admission and registration deanship through the e-service system.
The Placement Mechanism
The placement mechanism in faculties after the Preparatory year.
1- The student shall be required pass all the Preparatory year subjects before placement in any of the university faculties with a GPA of 2 points at least.
2- The student shall be placed in any of the appropriate university faculties; on the condition that the faculties available on the track where the student is admitted shall be allocated according to the competition mechanism in terms of the GPA, the faculty accommodation capacity and the faculty criteria approved by the faculty council.
3- The application for placement shall be through the electronic service system in the prescribed time periods. The application submitted manually or in paper form shall be rejected. In case that the application isn't submitted by the student, the student shall be placed on the condition that the student's placement application will be in conformity with the placement criteria.
4- The placement process shall be carried out with the end of the second semester (or during the summer semester if available).
5- The student can't transfer from a track into another (science – literary – administrative).
6- The student shall be granted a third semester; so as to complete the Preparatory year subjects. In case of passing the Preparatory year subjects, the student shall be placed in the faculty appropriate for his GPA (according to the faculty placement indicator) on the ground that there are vacant seats in the faculty.