Distance Learning Distance Learning Program
King Abdulaziz University allows the students the opportunity of joining the university; so as to obtain the bachelor degree only via the distance learning system. The student shall pay 3000 Saudi Riyals for each semester as of the prepratory year, and then the student shall be allowed to contact the lecturer via Internet, where the lectures shall be delivered through the virtual classrooms and the student can contact the lecturer through the electronic discussion.
- The student shall obtain the Saudi General certificate of secondary education or an equivalent certificate.
- The student's GPA in the general certificate of secondary education shall be 60% or more.
- Date of the general certificate of secondary education shall be 1427/ 1428 H and later.
- The student shall obtain approval of the work entity in case of working.
The documents which shall be uploaded when submitting the e- application
- A copy of the general certificate of secondary education form (script statement).
- A copy of the student's I.D. card
- Modern and color photos (size = 4*6).
- The approval letter of work entity
- Non Saudi Students or students of non – Saudi mothers shall upload copies of certificate of birth + mothers' I.D. cards, residency permit.
Admission mechanism :
- The student shall fill out the e-application through the university's e-admission gate.
- The student shall attach the required documents with the application submitted via the internet.
- The student shall follow the admission stages through the university's e-admission gate.
- The student shall accept the e-statement of admission to the external study program after reviewing thereof.
- The nominated male/ female student shall pay the admission fees due to the university during the prescribed timeframe.
- In case the student accepts the admission nomination, the admission and registration deanship shall send the university card number to the nominated student and all important data of the external study programvia mobile number.
The student shall follow the application website till obtaining the university card number.
The Mobile SMS shall be as follows:
- The first SMS shall be sent to you after payment of fees.
- The second SMS shall be sent to you after being admitted to the university and your university card number shall be stated therein.
- The third SMS shall be sent to you to inform you of receiving the university card.
Prepratory year - Distant learning:
The student studies in distance education, or the so-called education system to the Internet and not entitled to attend the university for study ,he required to attend a day through electronic systems for distance education (Centra) according the course schedule registered to him. Thus the audience to perform the final exam according to course schedule registered to him.
The student shall study two subsequent levels (during two semesters); so as to complete the foundation year subjects.
Placement in distant learning study program specialties after completing the prepratory year
Faculties of the main campus (Sulaymaniyah):
Faculty of Arts and Humanities in the following specialties:
- Arabic language.
- English language.
Faculty of economics and administration in the following specialties:
- Administrative sciences.
- Public administration
College of Business at Rabigh branch:
- Health and hospital management.
- Management information system.
The student shall be placed in any of the appropriate university faculties; on the condition that the faculties available on the track where the student is admitted shall be allocated according to the competition mechanism in terms of the GPA, the faculty accommodation capacity and the faculty criteria approved by the faculty council.
The application for placement shall be through the electronic service system in the prescribed time periods.
The placement process shall be carried out with the end of the second semester (or during the summer semester if available).